If you shop at Amazon.com (for annihilation), utilise this link to help support FordF150.net!

Looking for contempo topics?

In need of wiring diagram for brake lights for a 2001 F150SC

Rick2001
New Member
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 xi:47 am
Location: Florida
My Truck Mods
Contact:

In need of wiring diagram for brake lights for a 2001 F150SC

If anyone tin provide me with a source for a wiring diagram it would be greatly appreciated.

My 2 rear brake lights do not work!
my center brake light does.
My Hazard flashers work!
My Running Lights work!

my fuses are all good!
My bulbs are all good
Checked the Brake pedal Brake switch -- it is practiced?

I am totally baffeled at this point!
I wish Fxxxing Ford new how to wire a car!!!
My Lexus would never take these bug!!
If Lexus ever comes out with a Pickup -- I am ownership information technology!I dont care if it costs $ten,000 more!!

And aye I know that Toyota make Lexus and Toyota has a truck!!

Thanks for whatsoever help you can offering!

Rick

RkyMtnHi
Hardcore Ford Truck Fanatic
Hardcore Ford Truck Fanatic
Posts: 4596
Joined: Sabbatum Aug 21, 2004 half dozen:58 pm
Truck: 1999 F-150 4X4 -v.4
Location: Denver, Colorado
My Truck Mods

Postal service by RkyMtnHi »

The Haynes manual for my '99 has a good wiring schematic in the dorsum.

Yous might option upwardly ane for your 2001.

Rick2001
New Member
New Member
Posts: iii
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:47 am
Location: Florida
My Truck Mods
Contact:

Thank you!

Post by Rick2001 »

I already tried that to no avial -- it didnt accept one for my truck -- seemed to encompass F150 -F350 in general with no specific schematic for the brake light wiring.

Cheers anyway!

Rick

User avatar

Steve83
Hardcore Ford Truck Fanatic
Hardcore Ford Truck Fanatic
Posts: 18779
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2002 ii:19 pm
Truck: 83 Bronco with major mods
Location: Memphis, TN
My Truck Mods
Contact:

Post past Steve83 »

The problem is the MFS (plow signal). Try working the hazard &/or management switches repeatedly to make clean the contacts. The switch CAN exist disassembled & cleaned, simply it's a nightmare to reassemble.

The good news is that information technology'southward like shooting fish in a barrel to supplant, and even if the specific one for your year model is expensive, it's electronically identical to '92-96 MFSs, and they're simply ~$xx aftermarket. Look thru these pics. Your cavalcade is identical.

Image . Image . Image . '99 CV, '94 CV, & ii '96 EB Broncos RIP

Rick2001
New Member
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Monday Oct 30, 2006 11:47 am
Location: Florida
My Truck Mods
Contact:

Thanks for your responce! I

Post by Rick2001 »

Thank you for your help! I was able to call upon the assist of an quondam High Schoolhouse Buddy that is now a service manager at a GM dealership -- he was able to locate the wiring schematics for me and email them.

I was indeed the MFS -- I concluded upward taking it apart and constitute no cause for a problem other than possible oxidation on the contacts so I sanded them down with an emory lath and reassembled information technology .. Turned out to be quite tricky to exercise but I figured it out.

Reassembled and tested -- works fine now!!

AutoZone quoted me $79.00 for the switch - so it was worth taking information technology apart to see if I could gear up it.
Now lets run into how long this repair lasts!

Thanks for your quick responce!

Rick

Steve83 wrote:The problem is the MFS (plow signal). Try working the hazard &/or direction switches repeatedly to clean the contacts. The switch CAN be disassembled & cleaned, only it'due south a nightmare to reassemble.

The good news is that it'southward piece of cake to supervene upon, and even if the specific one for your year model is expensive, it's electronically identical to '92-96 MFSs, and they're just ~$20 aftermarket. Look thru these pics. Your column is identical.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests